Those who know me know I like to make resolutions, practical ones I know I am actually going to achieve, like buy a new car.
As you may recall, two years ago, in December 2019, I circulated a poll to help me resolve what should be the tenor of my upcoming year.
I thought I should be more positive. And then the Covid thing happened. I did not even think to do a poll in 2020 for 2021. (Discouraged? I guess!)
…anyway, I’ve created a new poll, below, a little less about me. Can we choose how we want to be in the world? How would you like to be in 2022?
- A year of being unsure whether to put others before yourself 100%, 1 vote1 vote 100%1 vote - 100% of all votes
- A year of thinking of others 0%, 0 votes0 votes0 votes - 0% of all votes
- A year of thinking only of yourself 0%, 0 votes0 votes0 votes - 0% of all votes
- Another year of trying to sort out who exactly is an 'other' 0%, 0 votes0 votes0 votes - 0% of all votes
- A year of expunging the word 'other' from your vocabulary because it is a remnant of oppressive binary thinking 0%, 0 votes0 votes0 votes - 0% of all votes
Thank you for voting. You can change your mind and your vote. Poll closes Valentine's Day 🙂
But of course all this is just a pretext to say “Best wishes to you and yours for the new year ahead!”
P.S. My positivity goals for 2020 did not really work out. I did write a little media criticism, and posted some things to Medium until I realized all that’s about is them making money from others’ unpaid labour. Anyway, I ended off the 2019 post by giving Mr. Talking Head a boost: they are still talking, to whom one wonders, but still: https://reasonstobecheerful.world